A stylish, sophisticated and totally delicious way to prepare a leg of lamb.
- 3 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 small leg of lamb, about 3kg, visible fat removed
- 10 garlic cloves, each cut into 3-4 long slivers
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary, plus 1 large sprig to garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 courgettes, halved lengthways and sliced
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 bulb of garlic, left unpeeled, sliced horizontally
- Preheat your oven to 230°C/fan 210°C/gas 8. Rub the mustard powder over the lamb. With a sharp knife, cut some small slits into the lamb flesh, then push the garlic and sprigs of rosemary into the slits. Season well.
- Put the lamb, vegetables and sliced garlic bulb in a roasting tin with a large sprig of rosemary. Roast in the oven for 1 hour for rare, or 1 hour 30 minutes for medium, basting the meat occasionally with the juices. After the first 15 minutes of cooking time, reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- When cooked, cover the lamb with foil and leave to rest in a warm place for 15-20 minutes. Carve and serve with the veg.
Tip: On an Extra Easy SP day, fill at least half of your plate with delicious Speed vegetables.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.