A stylish, sophisticated and totally delicious way to prepare a leg of lamb.
- 3 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 small leg of lamb, weighing about 3kg, all visible fat removed
- 10 garlic cloves, each cut into 3-4 long slivers
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary, plus 1 large sprig to garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 courgettes, halved lengthways and sliced
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 bulb of garlic, left unpeeled, sliced horizontally
- Preheat your oven to 230°C/210°C Fan/Gas 8. Rub the mustard powder over the leg of lamb. Stud the flesh of the lamb with the garlic and sprigs of rosemary, then season well.
- Put the lamb, vegetables and sliced garlic bulb in a roasting tin with a large sprig of rosemary. Roast in the oven for 1 hour for rare, or 1 hour 30 minutes for medium, basting the meat occasionally with the juices. After the first 15 minutes of cooking time, reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- When cooked, cover the lamb with foil and leave to rest in a warm place for 15-20 minutes. Carve and serve with the veg.
Tip: For an Extra Easy SP day fill at least half of your plate with delicious Speed vegetables.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group