This dish of chunky chicken, bacon and vegetables is packed with textures and flavour.
- 600g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into large chunks
- 400g back bacon rashers, all visible fat removed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 level tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
- 500ml boiling hot chicken stock
- 2 level tsp wholegrain mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker pot, season to taste and stir to mix well.
- Cover with the lid and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or until the chicken is tender.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and vegetables.
Tip: If you're on an Extra Easy SP day load your slow cooker with more Speed veg