Tuck into these tasty onion bhajis for tiny Syns!
- 200g onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 60g gram flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp deseeded and chopped green chilli
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- ¼ tsp baking powder (may contain gluten)
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Place the onions, gram flour, lemon juice, cumin, coriander seeds, green chilli, chopped coriander and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and add a few tablespoons of water to form a thick batter that coats the onion. Leave to rest for 15 minutes and then, using your fingers, mix again to combine thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and, using your fingers or a dessert spoon, drop small mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet to give you 12 bhajis.
- Spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately sprinkled with the paprika.
- If you're enjoying an Extra East SP day, enjoy with at least half a plate of Speed food vegetables.
Tip: These classic bhajis are delicious served hot with Khatta-meetta tamatar chutney.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.