Peppers, onions and paprika give sweetness to this Spanish-style dish, while the fromage frais adds a lovely creaminess.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 large Spanish onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 500g lean pork fillet, visible fat removed, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 300ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- Handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped (optional)
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray. Add the onions and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the pork and cook for 4 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle over the paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock to the pan and bring to the boil, then cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir most of the fromage frais into the pork mixture and heat gently for 2 minutes.
- Season to taste, and add the remaining fromage frais and the chopped parsley, if using. Serve with boiled rice and vegetables of your choice.
Tip: You can freeze this dish for up to 4 months; just omit the fromage frais.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.