Peppers, onions and paprika add sweetness to the pork in this Spanish-style dish, while the fromage frais adds a lovely creaminess.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 large Spanish onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 500g lean pork fillet, cut into chunks with all visible fat removed
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 300ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray. Add the onions and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the pork and cook for 4 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle over the paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock to the pan and bring to the boil, then cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir most of the fromage frais into the pork mixture and heat gently for 2 minutes.
- Season to taste, garnish with the remaining fromage frais and parsley. Serve with boiled rice and vegetables of your choice.
Tip: You can freeze this dish for up to 4 months just omit the fromage frais
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.