Video: Pavlova wreath
Our spectacular edible wreath is just 3 Syns per serving – and you won’t believe how easy it is to make.
- 4 large egg whites
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp sweetener granules, plus 1 tsp
- 1 level tsp cornflour
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- 100g raspberries, plus 300g mixed berries (eg raspberries, halved small strawberries, blueberries)
- 250g plain quark
- 200g fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- small fresh mint leaves
- 1 level tsp icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 120°C/fan 100°C/gas ½. Line a large baking sheet with non-stick baking paper then, using plates as templates, draw a 26cm circle on the paper and a 20cm circle inside it.
- Put the egg whites into a large, clean bowl and whisk, using an electric hand whisk, until stiff peaks form. Gradually whisk in the sugar and 3 tbsp sweetener to form a stiff and glossy meringue. Whisk in the cornflour and white wine vinegar.
- Using a large metal spoon, arrange 12 spoonfuls of the pavlova mixture between the 2 marked circles to form a wreath shape (the spoonfuls should be touching) then lightly swirl and very slightly flatten each spoonful with the back of the spoon. Bake for 1½ hours, then turn off the oven and leave the wreath in the oven for at least 3 hours or overnight to cool and dry out.
- When you are almost ready to serve, put 100g raspberries and the remaining sweetener into a small food processor and blend until smooth. Rub the purée through a sieve into a bowl, discarding the seeds.
- Beat the quark and yogurt together in a bowl until smooth. Spoon the mixture on top of the wreath and scatter the mixed berries and pomegranate seeds on top. Scatter over the mint leaves and dust with icing sugar.
- Once everyone has seen your masterpiece, drizzle the raspberry purée over serving plates, add a portion of pavlova to each one and serve straight away for the best results.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.