A lovely, filling soup, it’s perfect for flasks to provide tasty flavour on the go!
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 400g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 200g lean ham, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tarragon sprigs to serve
- Place the onion, potato, stock and peas in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the tarragon and using a hand held blender, process the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the ham, reserving some for garnish, and bring back to the boil.
- Season to taste and sprinkle with the remaining ham and tarragon sprigs before serving.