Mini meringues with a sweet surprise inside – and plenty to go round
- 4 large egg whites
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 level tsp cream of tartar
- 100g plain quark
- 100g canned peach slices in natural juice, drained and finely diced
- 30g fresh raspberries, crushed
- 1 level tsp icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 110°C/fan 90°C/gas ¼. Line 3 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Put the egg whites in a large, clean glass bowl and beat with an electric hand whisk on a medium speed until they form stiff peaks. Increase the speed to high and add the sugar a spoonful at a time, until the mixture is thick and glossy. Whisk in the cream of tartar.
- Fit a large piping bag with a fluted nozzle and fill with the meringue. Pipe 50 x 2-3cm mini heart shapes onto the baking trays, leaving space between each one.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until crisp. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Mix the quark with the peaches and raspberries and use a little of the mixture to sandwich 2 meringues together. Repeat to make 25 kisses. Evenly dust over the icing sugar and serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.