Mini meringues with a sweet surprise inside – and plenty to go round
- 4 large egg whites
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 level tsp cream of tartar
- 100g plain quark
- 100g canned peach slices in natural juice, drained and finely diced
- 30g fresh raspberries, crushed
- 1 level tsp icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 110°C/fan 90°C/gas ¼. Line 3 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Put the egg whites in a large, clean glass bowl and beat with an electric hand whisk on a medium speed until they form stiff peaks. Increase the speed to high and add the sugar a spoonful at a time, until the mixture is thick and glossy. Whisk in the cream of tartar.
- Fit a large piping bag with a fluted nozzle and fill with the meringue. Pipe 50 x 2-3cm mini heart shapes onto the baking trays, leaving space between each one.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until crisp. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Mix the quark with the peaches and raspberries and use a little of the mixture to sandwich 2 meringues together. Repeat to make 25 kisses. Evenly dust over the icing sugar and serve.