A glam dessert like this is so easy to make. Who knew?
- 100ml sweet dessert wine
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp sweetener
- 4 large firm pears, such as Conference
- Fat-free fromage frais, to serve
- Put the wine, lemon zest and juice and 700ml water in a deep, heavy-based pan. Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways and scrape the seeds into the pan, then drop in the scraped pod halves. Add the cinnamon stick and sweetener.
- Peel the pears, leaving the stalks on, and put them in the pan to
fit snugly. Place over a very low heat and cook uncovered for 50-60 minutes, or until tender.
- Transfer the pears to a shallow bowl using a slotted spoon. Bring the poaching liquid to the boil and cook over a high heat for 20-25 minutes, or until reduced by half. Pour it over the pears. Leave to cool, then cover and chill in the fridge overnight. 4 Before serving, remove the cinnamon stick and vanilla pods (use to decorate later, if you like). Place the pears in a shallow dish and pour over the poaching syrup. Serve 1 pear per person, with a dollop of fromage frais.
Tip: MAKE IT IN A SLOW COOKER - At step 1, add just 350ml water to the
pan with the wine, lemon zest and juice and bring to the boil. Add the
vanilla seeds and pod, cinnamon stick and sweetener. Halve and core
the pears; put in the cooker and cover with the liquid. Cover and cook
on Low for 3-4 hours. Pour the sauce into a pan and reduce as in step 3.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group