These gorgeous chicken breasts have all the flavour of Italian pesto thanks to the basil, garlic and quark in the stuffing.
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp quark, plain
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
For the salsa
- 4 plum tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 200g yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 200g red cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 bottled roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- Large handful of roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 50g rocket, roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into the side of each chicken breast to make a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Make the pesto by mixing together the finely chopped basil, quark and garlic. Season to taste and spoon the pesto into the chicken breast pockets. Arrange the chicken breasts on a baking tray, sprinkle with the chilli and some black pepper and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix all the salsa ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Serve the chicken hot with the salsa and your favourite Speed vegetables
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group