These gorgeous chicken breasts have all the flavour of Italian pesto thanks to the basil, garlic and quark in the stuffing.
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp quark, plain
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
For the salsa
- 4 plum tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 200g yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 200g red cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 bottled roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- Large handful of roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 50g rocket, roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into the side of each chicken breast to make a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Make the pesto by mixing together the finely chopped basil, quark and garlic. Season to taste and spoon the pesto into the chicken breast pockets. Arrange the chicken breasts on a baking tray, sprinkle with the chilli and some black pepper and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix all the salsa ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Serve the chicken hot with the salsa and your favourite Speed vegetables
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.