Video: Picnic Scotch eggs
Scotch eggs don't come much more special than this. Big, meaty and satisfying, they're just 1½ Syns per egg.
- 6 large eggs
- 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 packs Slimming World frozen Syn-free Pork Sausages
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Put 4 eggs into a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 5-6 minutes, then plunge into cold water and leave for 4 minutes. Carefully peel and set aside.
- Tip the breadcrumbs onto a wide plate.
- Skin the sausages (it''s less messy if the meat is still frozen). Put the sausagemeat, curry powder and dried herbs in a food processor, season lightly, then blend until fairly smooth. Transfer to a bowl and divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Flatten a portion of the mixture in your right hand and, with your left hand, take an egg and wrap the mince around it until it's fully encased. Repeat for the remaining 3 boiled eggs.
- Beat the remaining 2 eggs in a bowl. Dip each Scotch egg into the beaten egg, making sure all sides are covered, then roll evenly in the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and lightly spray with low-calorie cooking spray.
- Cook the Scotch eggs in the oven for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden. Eat hot, or cool completely on kitchen paper and then cover and chill until you''re ready to eat.