Scotch eggs don't come much more special than this. Big, meaty and satisfying, these flavour-packed favourites are just 1½ Syns per egg.
- 4 large Britsh Lion eggs, hard-boiled
- 2 packs Slimming World Iceland pork sausages
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 beaten eggs
- 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Put four eggs into a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 5-6 minutes then plunge into cold water for another 4 minutes. Carefully peel and set aside.
- Put the bread into a food processor and blitz into fine crumbs. Tip the breadcrumbs onto a wide plate.
- Skin the sausages, it's less messy if the meat is still frozen. Mix together the sausage meat, curry powder and dried herbs into a food processor. Season and blend until fairly smooth. Transfer to a bowl and divide the mixture into 4 portions.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Flatten a portion of the mixture in your right hand and, with your left hand, take an egg and wrap the mince around it until it's fully encased. Repeat for the remaining 3 boiled eggs.
- Beat the remaining eggs and dip each Scotch egg in the beaten egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and lightly spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Place the Scotch eggs in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Eat hot, or cool completely on kitchen paper and then cover and chill until you're ready to eat.
Video: Picnic scotch eggs
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group