Our recipe uses just a little piri piri seasoning, so everyone can enjoy that warmth and flavour.
- 8 lean lamb steaks (or 12 for a meat feast!), visible fat removed
- 1 tbsp piri piri seasoning
- low calorie cooking spray
- lime wedges, to serve
for the rice salad
- 350g dried long-grain rice
- ½ cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bottled roasted pepper in brine, drained and roughly chopped
- small handful of roughly chopped fresh mint
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Drain, rinse under cold water and transfer to a salad bowl. Mix in the remaining salad ingredients and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, season the lamb with the piri piri seasoning and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Place a large non-stick griddle pan or frying pan over a high heat. When it's smoking hot, cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side if thin or 4-5 minutes each side if thick, or until done to your liking.
- Divide the rice salad between plates and serve with steaks and lime wedges.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.