Our recipe uses just a little piri piri seasoning, so everyone can enjoy that warmth and flavour.
- 8 lean lamb steaks (or 12 for a meat feast!), visible fat removed
- 1 tbsp piri piri seasoning
- low calorie cooking spray
- lime wedges, to serve
for the rice salad
- 350g dried long-grain rice
- ½ cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bottled roasted pepper in brine, drained and roughly chopped
- small handful of roughly chopped fresh mint
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Drain, rinse under cold water and transfer to a salad bowl. Mix in the remaining salad ingredients and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, season the lamb with the piri piri seasoning and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Place a large non-stick griddle pan or frying pan over a high heat. When it's smoking hot, cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side if thin or 4-5 minutes each side if thick, or until done to your liking.
- Divide the rice salad between plates and serve with steaks and lime wedges.