Free and flavoursome, our version of sausage 'rolls' swap the high-Syn pastry for chargrilled courgette ribbons.
- 400g lean pork mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Good pinch of ground allspice
- A few finely chopped sage leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large courgettes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Put the pork, shallot, garlic, allspice and sage into a large bowl, season to taste and mix well with your hands. Divide into 24 pieces and shape each one into a small sausage. Space them apart on a non-stick baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, peel the courgettes into long ribbons using a swivel peeler.
- Spray a non-stick griddle pan with low calorie cooking spray and heat until quite hot. Cook the courgette ribbons a few at a time for about 30 seconds each side or until they’re marked by the pan. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Roll each sausage tightly in a courgette ribbon while both are still slightly warm.
- Set aside to cool and keep in the fridge, then pack them into a picnic box. Serve with the lettuce leaves.
Video: Pork and sage sausage rolls
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group