A hearty broth that warms the soul.
- 2 lean pork loin medallions (visible fat removed)
- 125g bean sprouts
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2.5cm piece root ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 level tbsp oyster sauce
- 125g shiitake mushrooms or chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 200g pak choi, sliced
- 90g flat rice noodles
- Thinly sliced spring onion and red chilli, to serve
- Chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- 2 lime wedges to serve
To serve (optional)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Few slices of red chilli
- Few sprigs of fresh coriander
- 2 wedges lime
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Place the medallions on a board between 2 sheets of cling film and bash them with a rolling pin until they’re about 1cm thick.
- Put the bean sprouts in a sieve and pour over boiling water. Refresh under cold running water and set aside.
- Pour the stock into a large saucepan and add the soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick ovenproof pan until hot. Spray with a little low-calorie cooking spray, add the pork medallions to the pan and cook for 3 minutes on one side. Turn the medallions over, brush with the oyster sauce and put in the oven to cook for a further 6-8 minutes, or until the pork is thoroughly cooked and the juices run clear.
- Add the mushrooms, carrot, pak choi and noodles to the stock pan and simmer for 4-5 minutes, or until the vegetables and noodles are tender.
- Slice the pork medallions thinly. Divide the noodles and vegetables between 2 bowls and ladle over the broth. Top each with the pork strips, bean sprouts, and spring onions, chilli, coriander and a lime wedge, if using. Serve immediately.
Tip: This is just as tasty without the Tabasco if you prefer things less spicy.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group