A hearty broth that warms the soul.
- 2 lean pork loin medallions (visible fat removed)
- 125g bean sprouts
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2.5cm piece root ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 level tbsp oyster sauce
- 125g shiitake mushrooms or chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 200g pak choi, sliced
- 90g flat rice noodles
- Thinly sliced spring onion and red chilli, to serve
- Chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- 2 lime wedges to serve
To serve (optional)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Few slices of red chilli
- Few sprigs of fresh coriander
- 2 wedges lime
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Place the medallions on a board between 2 sheets of cling film and bash them with a rolling pin until they’re about 1cm thick.
- Put the bean sprouts in a sieve and pour over boiling water. Refresh under cold running water and set aside.
- Pour the stock into a large saucepan and add the soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick ovenproof pan until hot. Spray with a little low-calorie cooking spray, add the pork medallions to the pan and cook for 3 minutes on one side. Turn the medallions over, brush with the oyster sauce and put in the oven to cook for a further 6-8 minutes, or until the pork is thoroughly cooked and the juices run clear.
- Add the mushrooms, carrot, pak choi and noodles to the stock pan and simmer for 4-5 minutes, or until the vegetables and noodles are tender.
- Slice the pork medallions thinly. Divide the noodles and vegetables between 2 bowls and ladle over the broth. Top each with the pork strips, bean sprouts, and spring onions, chilli, coriander and a lime wedge, if using. Serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.