Tender breaded escalopes with tangy red cabbage.
- 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg
- 8 x 100g pork escalopes, visible fat removed
- 600g new potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks, to serve
- Small handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
For the sauerkraut:
- 400g red cabbage, thinly shredded
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- Pinch of sweetener
- 3 juniper berries
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 50ml cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- For the sauerkraut, boil the cabbage in lightly salted water for 5 minutes, then tip into a colander, drain and leave to cool. Spray the same saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and stir-fry the onions over a medium-low heat for 5 minutes, until softened but not coloured. Stir in the cabbage, sweetener, juniper berries, stock and vinegar, then simmer gently for 20-25 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced and the cabbage is tender. Season well and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic salt and mixed herbs in a bowl. Season lightly, stir and spread out on a plate. Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and beat lightly. Dip each pork escalope into the egg, coat evenly in the breadcrumbs, then put on a lined baking tray.
- Boil the potatoes for 3-4 minutes. Drain and place in a single layer
on a non-stick baking tray. Lightly spray with low-calorie cooking
spray and season. Bake with the pork schnitzels for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and the schnitzels are cooked through. Serve the schnitzels with the sauerkraut and potatoes, sprinkled with parsley and black pepper.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.