Tender breaded escalopes with tangy red cabbage.
- 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs, ready made
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg
- 8 x 100g pork escalopes, all visible fat removed
- 600g new potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks, to serve
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
For the sauerkraut:
- 400g red cabbage, thinly shredded
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- A pinch of sweetener
- 3 juniper berries
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 50ml cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- For the sauerkraut, boil the cabbage in lightly salted water for 5 minutes, then tip into a colander, drain and leave to cool. Spray the same pan with low-calorie cooking spray and stir-fry the onions over a medium-low heat for 5 minutes, until softened but not coloured. Stir in the cabbage, sweetener, juniper berries, stock and vinegar, then
simmer gently for 20-25 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced and the cabbage is tender. Season well and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic salt and dried mixed herbs in a bowl, season well, stir and spread out on a plate. Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and beat lightly. Dip each pork escalope into the egg, coat in the breadcrumbs, then put on a lined baking tray.
- Boil the potatoes for 3-4 minutes. Drain and place in a single layer
on a non-stick baking tray. Lightly spray with low-calorie cooking
spray and season. Bake with the pork schnitzels for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and the schnitzels are cooked through. Serve the schnitzels with the sauerkraut and potatoes, garnished with parsley and a twist of black pepper.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group