Seasoned pork mixed with peppers, couscous, spring onions, kidney beans, orange and lime zest and black onion seeds on bamboo skewers.
- 2 tbsp dried couscous
- 500g lean pork mince (5% fat or less)
- ½ small yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Zest of 1 large orange
- Zest of 2 limes
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp onion seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Put the couscous in a small bowl, pour over 3 tablespoons boiling water and cover with cling film. Leave to stand for 5 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
- Put the couscous and all the ingredients except the onion seeds into a food processor. Season lightly and whizz until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and, using clean hands, divide the mixture into 16 equal portions. Form each portion into a meatball.
- Thread two meatballs on to a metal skewer (or a wooden skewer soaked in water for at least 20 minutes) and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Repeat until you have 8 skewers then sprinkle the onion seeds over the meatballs and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with a green salad. Enjoy!
Tip: This dish is part of Slimming World's Food Range, available in Iceland stores.