Seasoned pork mixed with peppers, couscous, spring onions, kidney beans, orange and lime zest and black onion seeds on bamboo skewers.
- 2 tbsp dried couscous
- 500g lean pork mince (5% fat or less)
- ½ small yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Zest of 1 large orange
- Zest of 2 limes
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp onion seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Put the couscous in a small bowl, pour over 3 tablespoons boiling water and cover with cling film. Leave to stand for 5 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
- Put the couscous and all the ingredients except the onion seeds into a food processor. Season lightly and whizz until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and, using clean hands, divide the mixture into 16 equal portions. Form each portion into a meatball.
- Thread two meatballs on to a metal skewer (or a wooden skewer soaked in water for at least 20 minutes) and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Repeat until you have 8 skewers then sprinkle the onion seeds over the meatballs and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with a green salad. Enjoy!
Tip: This dish is part of Slimming World's Food Range, available in Iceland stores.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.