The distinctively Greek marinade of oregano, mint, lemon and garlic makes these tempting pork skewers unforgettable!
- Finely grated zest and juice of 3 unwaxed lemons
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp dried mint
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g lean pork fillet, visible fat removed, cut into chunks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, halved, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, halved, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh basil or Greek basil leaves, to garnish
- Mix the lemon zest and juice, oregano, mint and garlic in a shallow
bowl. Add the pork, season to taste and mix together. Marinate in the
fridge for 4 hours or overnight if time permits.
- Preheat the grill to medium-hot.
- Thread the pork, onion wedges and pepper pieces on to eight metal
skewers (or wooden skewers soaked in water for 20 minutes to stop
them burning). Grill the kebabs for 5-6 minutes on each side or until
- Scatter over the basil and serve hot with plenty of salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.