The distinctively Greek marinade of oregano, mint, lemon and garlic makes these tempting pork skewers unforgettable!
- Finely grated zest and juice of 3 unwaxed lemons
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp dried mint
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g lean pork fillet, visible fat removed, cut into chunks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, halved, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, halved, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh basil or Greek basil leaves, to garnish
- Mix the lemon zest and juice, oregano, mint and garlic in a shallow
bowl. Add the pork, season to taste and mix together. Marinate in the
fridge for 4 hours or overnight if time permits.
- Preheat the grill to medium-hot.
- Thread the pork, onion wedges and pepper pieces on to eight metal
skewers (or wooden skewers soaked in water for 20 minutes to stop
them burning). Grill the kebabs for 5-6 minutes on each side or until
- Scatter over the basil and serve hot with plenty of salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group