The firm-textured Desirées are ideal for making these potato pancakes.
- 800g Desirée potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 spring onions, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and very finely chopped
- A small handful of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 large British Lion egg, lightly beaten
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 450g vine cherry tomatoes
For the topping:
- 4 eggs
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas 5. Place the potatoes in a clean tea towel. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible, repeat with a fresh tea towel, then place in a mixing bowl and season.
- Add the spring onions, garlic, dill and egg. Combine all the ingredients using your hands and divide into four portions.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a high heat and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Spoon one portion of potato mixture into the pan and press down with a spatula. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, then transfer to a large non-stick baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining three rösti portions, then cook all four in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes on a baking tray, spray with low calorie cooking spray and roast for 10-12 minutes.
- Next, bring a large pan of water to a simmer and carefully break each egg into it. Poach over a low heat of 4-5 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon and leave to drain on some kitchen paper.
- Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray. Add the spinach and garlic, then stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until the spinach is just wilted. Season well and remove from the heat.
- Place each rösti on a serving plate. Top with spinach, an egg and a sprinkling of black pepper, the serve with the vine tomatoes.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.