Our low-Syn spin on the classic American dressing never fails to perk up a prawn!
- 4 large eggs
- 200g dried small shell pasta shapes
- 200g asparagus, trimmed
- 200g sugarsnap peas
- 400g cooked peeled prawns
- 200g smoked salmon trimmings
- 50g wild rocket
- A small handful of fresh chives, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Thousand Island dressing:
- 6 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
- 100g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Hard-boil the eggs for 8-10 minutes. Drain and allow to cool for a few minutes. Peel off the shells and roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain, cool under cold running water and set aside. Steam the asparagus and peas for 3-4 minutes, drain and cool under cold running water.
- Put all the salad ingredients in a wide salad bowl, season with black pepper and toss well.
- To make the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients. Pour over the salad and toss well again.
Tip: Replace the prawns and salmon with shredded ready-cooked turkey breast slices – the dressing still works a treat.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.