Our low-Syn spin on the classic American dressing never fails to perk up a prawn!
- 4 large eggs
- 200g dried small shell pasta shapes
- 200g asparagus, trimmed
- 200g sugarsnap peas
- 400g cooked peeled prawns
- 200g smoked salmon trimmings
- 50g wild rocket
- A small handful of fresh chives, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Thousand Island dressing:
- 6 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
- 100g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Hard-boil the eggs for 8-10 minutes. Drain and allow to cool for a few minutes. Peel off the shells and roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain, cool under cold running water and set aside. Steam the asparagus and peas for 3-4 minutes, drain and cool under cold running water.
- Put all the salad ingredients in a wide salad bowl, season with black pepper and toss well.
- To make the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients. Pour over the salad and toss well again.
Tip: Replace the prawns and salmon with shredded ready-cooked turkey breast slices – the dressing still works a treat.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.