Ready in less than half an hour this fresh and tasty risotto really does live up to its name!
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 8 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 100g green beans, trimmed and cut into 2cm lengths
- 350g dried risotto rice
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 2 courgettes, finely diced
- 200g fresh/frozen peas
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Spray a large saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Cook the spring onions and garlic for 1-2 minutes and then add the tomatoes, carrots, celery and green beans and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and rosemary leaves and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in half of the stock and leave to cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the stock and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the courgettes and peas and cook for another 5-6 minutes, stirring until the rice is just tender, but the mixture is still a bit saucy.
- Season well, stir in the parsley and serve immediately.
Tip: This risotto is great topped with grated Parmesan cheese (1½ Syns per level tbsp).