Ready in less than half an hour this fresh and tasty risotto really does live up to its name!
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 8 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 100g green beans, trimmed and cut into 2cm lengths
- 350g dried risotto rice
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 2 courgettes, finely diced
- 200g fresh/frozen peas
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Spray a large saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Cook the spring onions and garlic for 1-2 minutes and then add the tomatoes, carrots, celery and green beans and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and rosemary leaves and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in half of the stock and leave to cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the stock and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the courgettes and peas and cook for another 5-6 minutes, stirring until the rice is just tender, but the mixture is still a bit saucy.
- Season well, stir in the parsley and serve immediately.
Tip: This risotto is great topped with grated Parmesan cheese (1½ Syns per level tbsp).
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.