A delicious vegetarian version of the classic Italian favourite.
- 1 red onion
- 2 carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 celery sticks
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 bay leaf
- 350g pack Quorn mince
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped basil, plus a little to garnish
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 400g boiled spaghetti (use gluten free spaghetti for a gluten free option)
- Roughly slice the red onion and carrots; thinly slice the garlic; finely chop the celery. Place in a pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray, along with the bay leaf and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the Quorn mince and fry for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, herbs and chilli flakes and bring to the boil, stirring often. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened. Remove the bay leaf and season well.
- Divide the spaghetti between four serving plates, top with the bolognese sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired (1½ Syns per level tbsp) and garnish with basil. Serve immediately.
Tip: For an alternative use 500g lean beef or turkey mince (5% fat or less) the recipe will still be Free.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.