A delicious vegetarian version of the classic Italian favourite.
- 1 red onion
- 2 carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 celery sticks
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 bay leaf
- 350g pack Quorn mince
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped basil, plus a little to garnish
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 400g boiled spaghetti (use gluten free spaghetti for a gluten free option)
- Roughly slice the red onion and carrots; thinly slice the garlic; finely chop the celery. Place in a pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray, along with the bay leaf and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the Quorn mince and fry for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, herbs and chilli flakes and bring to the boil, stirring often. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened. Remove the bay leaf and season well.
- Divide the spaghetti between four serving plates, top with the bolognese sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired (1½ Syns per level tbsp) and garnish with basil. Serve immediately.
Tip: For an alternative use 500g lean beef or turkey mince (5% fat or less) the recipe will still be Free.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.