Roast dinners, cottage pie, bangers and mash - this red onion gravy adds moisture to your favourite meals.
- 2 white onions, finely chopped
- 3 red onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 beef stock cube
- Spray a large non-stick pan with low calorie cooking spray and gently fry the white onions until soft or microwave for 2 minutes on full power. Blend until smooth adding a drop of water, if needed, this will make it a little easier. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Fry the red onions in the pan and cook until browned.
- Return the puréed white onion to the pan and add the garlic, tomato purée, balsamic vinegar, stock cube and 100ml of water. Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes and season to taste. If you want a thinner sauce add more water.
Tip: Delicious served with Slimming World Syn-free pork sausages.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.