Roast dinners, cottage pie, bangers and mash - this red onion gravy adds moisture to your favourite meals.
- 2 white onions, finely chopped
- 3 red onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 beef stock cube
- Spray a large non-stick pan with low calorie cooking spray and gently fry the white onions until soft or microwave for 2 minutes on full power. Blend until smooth adding a drop of water, if needed, this will make it a little easier. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Fry the red onions in the pan and cook until browned.
- Return the puréed white onion to the pan and add the garlic, tomato purée, balsamic vinegar, stock cube and 100ml of water. Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes and season to taste. If you want a thinner sauce add more water.
Tip: Delicious served with Slimming World Syn-free pork sausages.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.