Perfect for picnics and lunchboxes, cut the tian into wedges for fast alfresco food that everyone will love.
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 2 whole eggs
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 roasted red pepper in brine from a jar, drained and roughly chopped
- 200g shelled garden peas, fresh/frozen
- 110g soft goats’ cheese, crumbled
- 15g basil leaves, finely shredded
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- In a large bowl, lightly beat together the 5 egg yolks and 2 whole eggs. In a separate clean bowl, use an electric whisk to beat the egg whites until stiff. Add the whites to the yolks and fold together gently, keeping it light and fluffy.
- Fold in half the cherry tomatoes, half the red pepper, half the peas, half the cheese and half the basil. Season lightly.
- Preheat your grill to high. Spray a medium non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and spread evenly. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until golden underneath. Scatter over the remaining ingredients, then place the pan under the grill and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and, when cool, cut into 8 equal-size wedges. Serve 2 wedges per person.
Tip: If using frozen peas, thaw before adding to the dish.