Perfect for cold winter days, this satisfying soup is packed full of peppery punch.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 6 red peppers
- 12 plum tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6. Prick each potato several times and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour until tender when squeezed. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, halve and deseed the peppers, place on a separate baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Halve the tomatoes, add to the peppers with the whole garlic cloves and roast for a further 40 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the peppers, place in a food processor with the tomatoes, 275ml water, soy sauce and seasoning to taste. Gently pop open each garlic clove by squeezing and add the garlic purée. Blend until smooth then place in saucepan.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters lengthways and remove some of the flesh, leaving a thin layer of skin and potato. Return to the oven, potato side up, for 20 minutes or until crispy.
- Warm the soup through. Serve garnished with parsley, with the crispy skins for dipping.
Tip: Instead of wasting the scooped out potato flesh, use it to make potato cakes. Simply add fresh herbs, shape into cakes and fry in a little low calorie cooking spray until golden and cooked through.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group