This value-packed dish is a lovely way to enjoy beans.
- 250g dried basmati and wild rice
- 400g can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Large handful of finely chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of 2 lemons, plus wedges to serve
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, adding the mixed beans and chickpeas for the final 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the spring onions, tomatoes, chilli and coriander and stir well. Drizzle over the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Cool, cover and chill until you're ready to eat. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: Reduced fat feta (2 Syns per 25g) goes brilliantly with this. Crumble it over the salad after drizzling with the lemon juice.