This value-packed dish is a lovely way to enjoy beans.
- 250g dried basmati and wild rice
- 400g can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Large handful of finely chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of 2 lemons, plus wedges to serve
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, adding the mixed beans and chickpeas for the final 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the spring onions, tomatoes, chilli and coriander and stir well. Drizzle over the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Cool, cover and chill until you're ready to eat. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: Reduced fat feta (2 Syns per 25g) goes brilliantly with this. Crumble it over the salad after drizzling with the lemon juice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group