We picked big rigatoni tubes to go with this fantastic veggie feast.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- A pinch of sweetener
- 400g dried rigatoni or other pasta shapes
- 250g frozen peas
- 200g chard, stalks cut into batons and leaves shredded
- 400g can artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and yellow pepper and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, oregano and sweetener and bring to the boil over a high heat. Partially cover, turn the heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and drain well.
- Add the peas and chard stalks to the sauce, return to the boil over a high heat, then turn the heat back to low and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chard leaves and artichokes to the sauce and season to taste. When the chard leaves have wilted, toss the sauce with the pasta and serve hot with salad, if you like.
Tip: If you can’t find chard, substitute the same amount of baby leaf spinach.