A comforting Italian classic, packed with roasted courgette and asparagus and seasoned with basil.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 400g dried risotto rice, such as arborio
- 1.5 litres boiling vegetable stock
- 100g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 large courgette, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 100g asparagus tips, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g frozen peas
- 30g baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Spray a large deep non-stick pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes, adding a little water if it starts to stick.
- Stir in the garlic, oregano and rice then add the stock a ladleful at a time, stirring occasionally and allowing each batch to be absorbed before you add more. Cook for 15 minutes then stir in the broccoli, courgette and asparagus and continue adding the stock as before.
- After 5 minutes, stir in the frozen peas and spinach and cook until all the stock has been absorbed, the rice is al dente (or cooked to your liking) and the vegetables are tender. Add extra boiling stock or water if it’s needed.
- Stir through the herbs, season to taste and serve hot with lemon wedges and salad. Enjoy!
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.