This gorgeous roast is sure to be a Sunday favourite.
- 1.5kg sirloin of beef, visible fat removed
- 1 tbsp English mustard powder mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 6-8 tbsp mixed peppercorns, crushed
- rosemary sprigs, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas 5.
- Put the beef in a roasting tin. Mix the made-up mustard and tomato purée and spread over the joint. Sprinkle over the peppercorns to form an even crust.
- Put the joint in the oven and cook to your liking (22 minutes per 500g plus an extra 20 minutes for rare; 28 minutes per 500g plus an extra 25 minutes for medium; and 33 minutes per 500g plus an extra 30 minutes for well done – so a 1.5kg joint cooked to medium needs 1 hour 50 minutes).
- Baste occasionally with the meat juices while roasting, and turn halfway through the cooking time.
- Once cooked, put the beef on a serving dish, cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs if you like, then carve and serve with your favourite potatoes and vegetables.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.