The ideal roast lamb for laid-back Sunday lunches, topped off with roasted potatoes and veg!
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1.5kg leg of lamb
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into batons
- 250g frozen peas
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 150ml gravy, made with granules according to the packet instructions
- No-added-sugar mint sauce (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Strip the leaves from the sprigs of rosemary. Make about 15 deep incisions into the leg of lamb. Insert the rosemary leaves into the cuts, then season well. Put the lamb in a roasting tin and cover with foil. Roast in the oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, parboil the potatoes for 10 minutes, then drain. When the lamb has 40 minutes of cooking time left, take the roasting tin out of the oven. Remove the foil and add the potatoes to the tin. Spray the potatoes with low calorie cooking spray and season. Return the tin to the oven for 40 minutes, uncovered.
- While the meat and potatoes are cooking, boil the carrots and peas in a pan for 5-6 minutes. In a separate pan, boil the broccoli and cauliflower for 5-6 minutes.
- When you're ready to serve slice the lamb, removing the skin and all visible fat. Serve with the vegetables and roast potatoes on the side, with a little gravy poured over and some no-added-sugar mint sauce, if you like.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.