The slow-cooked lamb shanks just melt off the bone creating a comforting, filling winter warmer.
- 4 lamb shanks, all visible fat removed
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 swede, peeled and roughly diced
- 8 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp chicken Bovril extract
- 450g baby carrots
- 1 tbsp no added sugar mint sauce
- 900g potatoes, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas 3. Place the lamb, onion, swede and garlic in a large flameproof casserole dish. Mix the Bovril with 1½ litres boiling water. Add to the casserole, place on the hob and bring to the boil. Cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for a further 45 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and increase the oven temp to 200°C /180°C Fan/Gas 6. Place the carrots in a roasting tin and, with a slotted spoon, transfer the lamb and vegetables to sit on top. Mix 275ml of the cooking stock with the mint sauce, pour over the lamb and roast for an hour, shaking the vegetables and turning the shanks after 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender. Drain and mash.
- Divide the mashed potatoes, lamb shanks and vegetables between four plates, top with the cooking juice, season to taste and serve scattered with parsley.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.