The secret ingredient in this pasta is a jar of roasted red peppers.
- 350g dried penne
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, finely cubed
- A small handful of fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 4 roasted red peppers in brine from a jar, drained and roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon, plus extra zest for sprinkling over
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 100g rocket, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 180g feta
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Meanwhile, place a large frying pan sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, oregano and roasted
red peppers, stir and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta well and add it to the pan. Add the lemon zest and juice, capers and rocket, then season and toss well before cooking for another 1-2 minutes. Ladle into shallow bowls, crumble over the feta and serve with extra lemon zest for sprinkling over.
Tip: Push the boat out by adding 200g cooked and peeled prawns to the pan 2-3
minutes before the end of the cooking time.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.