The secret ingredient in this pasta is a jar of roasted red peppers.
- 350g dried penne
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, finely cubed
- A small handful of fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 4 roasted red peppers in brine from a jar, drained and roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon, plus extra zest for sprinkling over
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 100g rocket, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 180g feta
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Meanwhile, place a large frying pan sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, oregano and roasted
red peppers, stir and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta well and add it to the pan. Add the lemon zest and juice, capers and rocket, then season and toss well before cooking for another 1-2 minutes. Ladle into shallow bowls, crumble over the feta and serve with extra lemon zest for sprinkling over.
Tip: Push the boat out by adding 200g cooked and peeled prawns to the pan 2-3
minutes before the end of the cooking time.