Nothing beats a steaming bowl of soup to cheer you up – and this delicious tomato-packed version is just the ticket!
- 900g ripe tomatoes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Roasted cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Arrange the tomatoes on a baking tray, spray them lightly with low calorie cooking spray and sprinkle with the oregano. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6 for 10-15 minutes, until the tomatoes start to soften and the skins begin to char.
- Meanwhile place the onion and garlic in a large, heavy-based saucepan with 300ml of the stock. Cover the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Peel and chop the roasted tomatoes and add to the cooked onion mixture in the pan along with the remaining stock. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Return the soup back to the pan, season well and add the basil. Reheat the soup if necessary and serve garnished with some roasted cherry tomatoes and basil leaves.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.