Twirls of spirali pasta with courgettes, peppers and whole baby plum tomatoes in a rich tomato sauce with a touch of basil
- 2 courgettes roughly chopped
- 1 large red pepper, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 120g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp sweetener
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- Half a tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 and 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 400g dried spirali pasta (or other short pasta shapes)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7.
- Put the courgettes, peppers and onion in a large non-stick roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray, season to taste and toss the vegetables well.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway and adding the plum tomatoes 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Place the can of tomatoes into a saucepan. Stir in the remaining ingredients (except the pasta) and add 200ml of boiling water. Bring to the boil over a high heat then turn the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta and return to the saucepan. Stir through the roasted vegetables and tomato sauce and check the seasoning before serving hot.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.