Twirls of spirali pasta with courgettes, peppers and whole baby plum tomatoes in a rich tomato sauce with a touch of basil
- 2 courgettes roughly chopped
- 1 large red pepper, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 120g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp sweetener
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- Half a tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 and 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 400g dried spirali pasta (or other short pasta shapes)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7.
- Put the courgettes, peppers and onion in a large non-stick roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray, season to taste and toss the vegetables well.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway and adding the plum tomatoes 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Place the can of tomatoes into a saucepan. Stir in the remaining ingredients (except the pasta) and add 200ml of boiling water. Bring to the boil over a high heat then turn the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta and return to the saucepan. Stir through the roasted vegetables and tomato sauce and check the seasoning before serving hot.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.