Seasoned with fragrant spices, this slow-cooked curry produces lamb that’s meltingly tender
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 800g boneless lamb shoulder, visible fat removed, cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 2 onions, halved and thickly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp crushed cardamom seeds
- 4 tbsp medium curry powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 600ml lamb stock
- 600g swede, peeled and cut into large pieces
- Fat-free natural yogurt and chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- Spray a large, heavy-based lidded casserole or saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and cook the lamb in batches for 3-4 minutes, until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Re-spray the casserole or saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and add the onions. Cook over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring often, until soft and lightly browned.
- Add the garlic, ginger, cinnamon, paprika and cardamom seeds and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Mix in the curry powder. Return the lamb to the casserole or saucepan and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, sweetener, stock and swede. Season lightly and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to very low and cover tightly. Simmer gently for 2 hours, or until the lamb is meltingly tender. Remove the cinnamon sticks. Serve drizzled with yogurt and sprinkled with coriander.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.