Perfect for your Easter celebrations or Sunday lunch with family and friends, this delicious roast lamb dish is bursting with the fresh flavours of spring.
- 2 French-trimmed racks of lamb, all visible fat removed
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- A small handful of fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped, plus a few whole sprigs to garnish
- 400g tenderstem broccoli, to serve
For the potatoes:
- 800g floury potatoes, such as Desiree or King Edward, scrubbed and cut into 5mm slices
- 400ml chicken stock
- A large pinch of saffron threads
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Put the potatoes in a baking tray, pour over the stock, sprinkle with the saffron and season. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until most of the stock has been absorbed and the potatoes are tender. Transfer them to a serving dish and keep warm.
- About 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time, season the lamb all over. Mix together the garlic and chopped rosemary and spread on the flesh side of each rack. Bake the lamb for 15-20 minutes for medium, or 20-25 minutes for well done.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and leave to rest, covered, for 10-15 minutes before carving into cutlets. Steam the broccoli for 4-5 minutes, or until just tender. Divide the lamb between plates and serve with the saffron potatoes and broccoli.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.