A familiar side dish becomes a grand main - perfect for Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights
- 900g floury potatoes, such as Desiree or King Edward, peeled and cut into cubes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Very Lazy Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp Very Lazy Chopped Ginger
- 1 tsp Very Lazy Chopped Red Chillies
- 2 tsp each of cumin seeds and black mustard seeds
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into bite-size peppers
- 1 tsp each of ground cumin and ground coriander
- ½ tsp each of turmeric, garam masala and mild chilli powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 250g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- Lime wedges to serve
For the lime and coriander rice:
- 350g dried basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- A large handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Boil the potatoes for 8-10 minutes, or until only just tender. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Drain and keep warm.
- Place a large wok or frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, chilli, cumin seeds and mustard seeds and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the boiled potatoes and the peppers and cook for a further 6-8 minutes, or until the potatoes are lightly browned on all sides.
- Reduce the heat to low, then add the ground spices. Season and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the stock and bring to the boil. Cover, increase the heat to medium and cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach.
- Stir the coriander and lime zest and juice into the cooked rice and season. Serve the curry with the coriander rice, with lime wedges for squeezing over.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.