Another versatile and Free dressing packs extra flavour into this light salmon dish.
- 4 skinless and boneless salmon fillets
- 150g dried wholegrain basmati and wild rice
- 300g sugar snap peas
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 25g chives, finely snipped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
- 5 tbsp light soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tsp peeled and grated root ginger
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas 5.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a clean jam jar. Cover and shake to mix well and set aside.
- Season the salmon, place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking parchment and bake for 10-12 minutes or until just cooked.
- Transfer the salmon to a snug-fitting shallow dish, pour over half of the dressing and set aside to cool. Flake the flesh into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Meanwhile bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the rice and simmer for 25 minutes, adding the sugar snap peas and carrots for the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and cool under cold running water, then drain again.
- Place the rice, sugar snap peas and carrots into a large bowl. Add the spring onions, chives and the remaining dressing and toss to mix well. Add the cooled salmon flakes and any dressing and mix gently. Season to taste before serving.
Tip: Swap the salmon steaks for tuna for a fresh taste that's still deliciously Free.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.