An oriental-style dressing packs extra flavour into this summery salmon dish.
- 4 skinless and boneless salmon fillets
- 150g dried wholegrain basmati and wild rice
- 300g sugar snap peas
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 25g chives, finely snipped
For the dressing
- 5 tbsp light soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tsp peeled and grated root ginger
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp sweetener
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a clean jam jar. Cover and shake to mix well, then set aside.
- Season the salmon lightly, place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking parchment and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until just cooked.
- Transfer the salmon to a snug-fitting shallow dish, pour over half of the dressing and set aside to cool. Flake the flesh into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Meanwhile. bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the rice and simmer for 25 minutes, adding the sugar snap peas and carrot for the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and cool under cold running water, then drain again.
- Place the rice, sugar snap peas and carrot in a large bowl. Add the spring onions, chives and the remaining dressing and toss to mix well. Add the cooled salmon flakes and any dressing and mix gently. Season lightly before serving.
Tip: Fancy a change? Swap the salmon steaks for tuna.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.