Seared scallops with minted pea puree
Treat your diners to an 'à la carte' slimming experience with these wonderful seared scallops.
- 12 large or 20 small fresh scallops, cleaned
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chopped chives and lemon zest
for the minted pea purée
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 300g frozen peas
- 5-6 tbsp very finely chopped mint
- 2-3 tbsp fat free natural yogurt
- Place the scallops in a large ceramic bowl with the lemon juice and zest, red chilli and parsley. Season to taste, stir to mix well and leave to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the pea purée by placing the stock in a wide frying pan and bringing to the boil. Add the peas and cook for 6-8 minutes. Season well and transfer the mixture to a food processor together with the chopped mint and yogurt. Blend until fairly smooth, transfer to a bowl, set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan until very hot, add the scallops and sear and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until just cooked through (do not overcook or they will become tough).