Seared scallops with minted pea puree
Treat your diners to an 'à la carte' slimming experience with these wonderful seared scallops.
- 12 large or 20 small fresh scallops, cleaned
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chopped chives and lemon zest
for the minted pea purée
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 300g frozen peas
- 5-6 tbsp very finely chopped mint
- 2-3 tbsp fat free natural yogurt
- Place the scallops in a large ceramic bowl with the lemon juice and zest, red chilli and parsley. Season to taste, stir to mix well and leave to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the pea purée by placing the stock in a wide frying pan and bringing to the boil. Add the peas and cook for 6-8 minutes. Season well and transfer the mixture to a food processor together with the chopped mint and yogurt. Blend until fairly smooth, transfer to a bowl, set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan until very hot, add the scallops and sear and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until just cooked through (do not overcook or they will become tough).
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.