These braised prawns have a fiery kick – some like it hot!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 2 tsp finely grated garlic
- 8 spring onions, very finely chopped
- 700g raw or defrosted frozen jumbo prawns
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 100ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 whole dried red chillies
- 1 tsp Chinese black vinegar or cider vinegar
- Pinch of sweetener
- Spring onion and red chilli, thinly shredded, to serve
For the stir-fried veg:
- 400g choi sum, or pak choi, roughly chopped
- 300g oyster mushrooms
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 1 tsp finely grated garlic
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- Spray a non-stick wok or large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Stir-fry the ginger, garlic and spring onions for 10-20 seconds, add the prawns and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato purée, stock, dried chillies, vinegar and sweetener. Season, then continue to stir-fry for another 5-6 minutes over a high heat until the prawns turn pink and are cooked. Cover and keep warm.
- Spray a separate non-stick pan or wok with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the choi sum or pak choi, mushrooms, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and 2 tbsp water, cook for 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- To serve, sprinkle the prawns with the shredded spring onions and red chilli and serve with the stir-fry veg.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.