Cooking the gammon in cider reduces the saltiness so you're left with succulent, tender chunks of meat. The vegetables also take on the wonderful flavour giving the whole dish an autumnal feel.
- 1kg boneless smoked gammon joint, all visible fat removed, cut into large chunks
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into thick wedges
- 300g carrots, peeled, halved and cut into thick chunks
- 300g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 100ml cider
- 800ml boiling hot chicken stock
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Place the gammon into the slow cooker with the vegetables and add the bay leaves, cloves, peppercorns and rosemary. Pour over the cider and stock and stir to mix well.
- Cover with the lid and cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours or until the gammon and vegetables are tender.
- Remove the gammon and vegetables with a slotted spoon and serve sprinkled with parsley.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.