This spicy beef dish is delicious served simply with vegetables, or for a real comfort food treat serve it with fluffy mash!
- 500g lean beef, all visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 tbsp fat free natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 4 green cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 200g passata
- 200ml beef stock
- chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- Put the beef in a ceramic bowl along with the yogurt and curry powder. Season with salt, stir to mix well, cover with cling film and leave to marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Add the marinated beef mixture to the slow cooker pot with the spices, onion, garlic, ginger and passata. Pour over the beef stock and stir well.
- Cover with the lid and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or until the meat is meltingly tender.
- Check the seasoning, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with runner beans.
Tip: This recipe would also work really well with lean lamb.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.