This spicy beef dish is delicious served simply with vegetables, or for a real comfort food treat serve it with fluffy mash!
- 500g lean beef, all visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 tbsp fat free natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 4 green cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 200g passata
- 200ml beef stock
- chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- Put the beef in a ceramic bowl along with the yogurt and curry powder. Season with salt, stir to mix well, cover with cling film and leave to marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Add the marinated beef mixture to the slow cooker pot with the spices, onion, garlic, ginger and passata. Pour over the beef stock and stir well.
- Cover with the lid and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or until the meat is meltingly tender.
- Check the seasoning, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with runner beans.
Tip: This recipe would also work really well with lean lamb.