This satisfying Free risotto is a deeply savoury experience, and using a slow cooker saves you wearing your arm out stirring!
- 15g dried mushrooms
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 375g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g dried risotto rice
- 1.2 litres boiling vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp plain quark
- small bag fresh rocket leaves, to serve
- Soak the dried mushrooms in 150ml boiling water for 20 minutes.
Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and
place over a medium heat. Add the onion and chestnut mushrooms and
cook for 5-6 minutes, adding 1 tbsp water occasionally if the pan starts to look a little dry.
- Add the garlic, rice, dried mushrooms and all but the last tsp of the soaking liquid (which will be gritty) and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat the rice well. Pour in the stock and season with freshly ground black pepper, then increase the heat to high and bring to the boil.
- Tip the mixture into the slow cooker pot, cover and cook on low for
3 hours or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is temptingly creamy. (You might need to cook it for another 15 minutes or so.) Remove from the heat, stir in the quark and top with rocket to serve.
Tip: Don’t have a slow cooker?
Simmer over a low heat for about 25 minutes, adding the stock bit by bit
and stirring continuously.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.