Smoked haddock florentine
'Hip, hip hooray' for the humble haddock in this fabulous French fish dish.
- 4 smoked haddock fillets
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 450g baby spinach leaves
- 2 large leeks
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Put the haddock in a frying pan with a lid. Add the bay leaves, seasoning and 275ml water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes until cooked. Turn off the heat and stand until required.
- Meanwhile, half fill another frying pan with water and add the vinegar. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, then break the eggs into the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes until just set, or cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan using a draining spoon and keep warm.
- Rinse the spinach and place in a large saucepan while still wet. Trim the leeks, split lengthwise, rinse under cold running water to flush out any trapped earth, shake well to remove excess water and then shred finely. Mix with the spinach. Cover and place on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes until wilted. Drain well by pressing against the side of a colander or sieve to remove as much water as possible.
- To serve, divide the spinach on to 4 warmed serving plates. Place a piece of haddock and a poached egg on top. Dust with a little ground nutmeg and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.