Smoked haddock florentine
'Hip, hip hooray' for the humble haddock in this fabulous French fish dish.
- 4 smoked haddock fillets
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 450g baby spinach leaves
- 2 large leeks
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Put the haddock in a frying pan with a lid. Add the bay leaves, seasoning and 275ml water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes until cooked. Turn off the heat and stand until required.
- Meanwhile, half fill another frying pan with water and add the vinegar. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, then break the eggs into the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes until just set, or cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan using a draining spoon and keep warm.
- Rinse the spinach and place in a large saucepan while still wet. Trim the leeks, split lengthwise, rinse under cold running water to flush out any trapped earth, shake well to remove excess water and then shred finely. Mix with the spinach. Cover and place on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes until wilted. Drain well by pressing against the side of a colander or sieve to remove as much water as possible.
- To serve, divide the spinach on to 4 warmed serving plates. Place a piece of haddock and a poached egg on top. Dust with a little ground nutmeg and serve immediately.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.