Smoked salmon terrine
This elegant and attractive starter will wow your guests. It makes for easy entertaining as you prepare it ahead and refrigerate until set.
- 450g thinly cut smoked salmon slices
- 15g powdered gelatine
- 200ml hot fish stock
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 6 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 200g quark
- 2 tbsp pink peppercorns
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh dill sprigs and lemon wedges, to garnish
- Line a small 450g loaf tin with cling film. Using half of the smoked salmon slices, line the tin, ensuring you overlap the slices and the top slices overhang the sides of the tin.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the hot stock and stir to dissolve completely.
- Roughly chop the remaining salmon and place in a food processor with the garlic, dill, quark, peppercorns and lemon juice. Pour in the gelatine liquid, season well and process until smooth. Spoon this mixture into the lined tin and enclose with the overhanging salmon slices. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for a minimum of 3 hours until set.
- To serve, carefully turn out the terrine, peel away the cling film and cut into thick slices. Garnish with fresh dill and lemon wedges.
Tip: * Suitable for freezing
If you're enjoying an Extra Easy SP day, serve with at least half a plate of mixed salad leaves, spring onions, cucumber and cherry tomatoes.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group