Delicious pieces of chargrilled chicken with peppers and beans in a smoky barbecue style sauce.
- 1 large bottle roasted pepper in brine, drained
- 25g root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 large garlic cloves
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried chipotle chilli flakes or dried chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce/tamari
- 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 700g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 400g mixed beans or pulses in water, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the roasted red pepper, ginger, garlic and 50ml water in a small food processor and whizz until pureed.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and peppers and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if it starts to stick.
- Add the roasted pepper puree along with the paprika, chilli flakes, soy sauce, vinegar, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, stock cube and 300ml boiling water.
- Add the chicken and beans or pulses and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, season to taste and serve hot with rice and your favourite vegetables.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.