This hot and very speedy dish is packed with filling power thanks to the sausages and plenty of beans
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 3 red romano/ramiro peppers (the long, pointy ones) deseeded and cut into 1cm strips
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 Slimming World Syn-free Pork Sausages (available from Iceland stores), thawed
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 600g passata
- 200ml boiling chicken stock
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp roughy chopped fresh parsley, plus sprigs to garnish
- Spray a large deep non-stick saucepan or casserole pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Add the onion, peppers garlic and 3 tbsp water and cover.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- When hot, add the sausages and fry for 5 minutes or until browned all over, turning them frequently. Lift onto a plate and set aside.
- Not it's time to add some fire to your stew - stir the chilli powder, paprika and mustard into the vegetables, along with the Worcestershire sauce, passata, stock and beans.
- Season to taste and bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Meanwhile, cut each sausage into 3 pieces, slightly on the diagonal. Stir the sausages and half of the spring onions into the stew, reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Scatter over the parsley and remaining spring onions, garnish with parsley sprigs and serve hot with your favourite Speed vegetables.
Tip: If you can't get Slimming World sausages, use frozen Quorn Low-fat Sausages instead. To defrost your sausages, leave them in the fridge overnight.