This hot and very speedy dish is packed with filling power thanks to the sausages and plenty of beans
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 3 red romano/ramiro peppers (the long, pointy ones) deseeded and cut into 1cm strips
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 Slimming World Syn-free Pork Sausages (available from Iceland stores), thawed
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 600g passata
- 200ml boiling chicken stock
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp roughy chopped fresh parsley, plus sprigs to garnish
- Spray a large deep non-stick saucepan or casserole pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Add the onion, peppers garlic and 3 tbsp water and cover.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- When hot, add the sausages and fry for 5 minutes or until browned all over, turning them frequently. Lift onto a plate and set aside.
- Not it's time to add some fire to your stew - stir the chilli powder, paprika and mustard into the vegetables, along with the Worcestershire sauce, passata, stock and beans.
- Season to taste and bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Meanwhile, cut each sausage into 3 pieces, slightly on the diagonal. Stir the sausages and half of the spring onions into the stew, reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Scatter over the parsley and remaining spring onions, garnish with parsley sprigs and serve hot with your favourite Speed vegetables.
Tip: If you can't get Slimming World sausages, use frozen Quorn Low-fat Sausages instead. To defrost your sausages, leave them in the fridge overnight.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.