Spicy, hearty and perfect as a warming autumn supper...
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 3 red romano peppers, deseeded and cut into 1cm strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 frozen Slimming World Syn-free Pork Sausages, defrosted
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 600g passata
- 200ml boiling chicken stock
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh parsley, plus sprigs to serve
- Spray a large, deep non-stick saucepan or casserole pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the peppers, onion, garlic and 3 tbsp water and cover. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. When hot, add the sausages and fry for 5 minutes, or until browned all over, turning frequently. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the chilli powder, paprika and mustard to the vegetables, along with the Worcestershire sauce, passata, stock and beans. Season lightly and bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Cut each sausage into 3 pieces on the diagonal. Stir into the stew along with half the spring onions, reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Scatter over the parsley, remaining spring onions and the parsley sprigs and serve hot with your favourite Speed vegetables.
Tip: To defrost your sausages, leave them in the fridge overnight.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.