A warming red pepper and tomato soup full of beans and spicy sausage.
- 150g cauliflower florets
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre boiling vegetable stock
- 2 large roasted red peppers in brine from a jar, drained and roughly chopped
- 4 Slimming World Syn-free Pork Sausages
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/4-1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can mixed beans or pulses in water, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the cauliflower, chopped tomatoes, stock and half of the roasted pepper into a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausages according to the pack instructions.
- Remove the tomato sauce from the heat and whizz until smooth using a stick blender. Return to the heat, add the onion, garlic, spices, tomato purée, beans and remaining roasted pepper and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice the sausages and add them to the soup. Season to taste and serve hot. Enjoy!