Ring the changes by swapping egg noodles for Japanese buckwheat soba noodles – paired here with meaty shiitake mushrooms and healthy tofu.
- 400g dried soba noodles
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 400g firm tofu (plain or naturally smoked), cut into 2cm cubes
- 2cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 spring onions, diagonally sliced into 2cm lengths
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 400g shiitake mushrooms, stalks removed, thickly sliced
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce, dressing style
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 100g baby pak choi, halved or quartered
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a wok or frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the tofu and fry, in batches, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Wipe the pan with kitchen paper and lightly re-spray with low calorie cooking spray. Add the ginger, spring onions, red chilli, peppers and mushrooms and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water and add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and stock. Add to the wok and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, return the tofu to the wok with the pak choi and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, divide the noodles between four bowls and spoon over the mushroom and tofu mixture.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group