Cider gives this mellow meal-in-one the flavour of the West Country
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 750g lean pork tenderloin fillets, all visible fat removed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 onions, cut into wedges
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 level tbsp plain flour
- 100ml dry cider
- 500ml chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ savoy cabbage, thickly sliced
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 800g floury potatoes, such as Desiree or King Edward, peeled and cut into 1.5cm-thick slices
- Preheat your oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas 3. Spray a large, ovenproof casserole with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Lightly brown the pork for about 3-4 minutes, turning from time to
time (you’ll need to do this in batches). Transfer each batch
to a plate and keep warm; spray the pan with low-calorie cooking
spray each time if needed.
- Spray the empty pan with more low-calorie cooking spray and reduce the heat to medium. Add the onions and cook gently for 10 minutes, or until softened, adding a little water if they stick. Add the carrots, cook for 1 minute, then stir in the flour to soak up the juices. Gradually stir in the cider and stock and season.
- Stir the pork, cabbage and thyme into the stock mixture.
- Place the potato slices on top, so they overlap, and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Cover and bake near the top of the oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven, spray with more low-calorie cooking spray and cook, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden. Divide between 4 bowls to serve.
Tip: MAKE IT IN A SLOW COOKER
Make it in the slow cooker - Fry the pork as in step 1, transfer to
the slow cooker pot and sprinkle with thyme. At step 2, cook the onions, carrots and flour, stir in the cider and stock, bring to the boil, season, then pour over the pork (steam the cabbage separately). Top with potato slices, season, then press down and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Cover and cook on High for 4-6 hours.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.