This mild coconut curry will handle just about any veg you want to throw in.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 6 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 6 black peppercorns
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into batons
- 2 courgettes, cut into batons
- 200g green beans, halved
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into batons
- 100ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 500ml boiling vegetable stock
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and cut into slivers, to serve (optional)
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the shallots and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes. Add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilli, ginger, turmeric, cumin and peppercorns and stir-fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots, courgettes, green beans and potato. Pour in the coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the veg are tender.
- Season to taste, squeeze over the lemon juice and scatter over the chilli slivers if you want a fiery finish! Serve hot with your favourite rice.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.