Lean mince, flavoursome vegetables and filling pasta - a Food Optimising feast!
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 350g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 225g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 280ml beef stock
- 1 level tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 275g spaghetti, dried
- Spray a pan with low calorie cooking spray and cook the shallots and garlic for 2–3 minutes until just softened. Stir in the mince and cook for 2–3 minutes until browned.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Add the chopped tomatoes, stock and Worcestershire sauce. Season lightly and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until reduced and thickened. Check the seasoning.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of salted boiling water, as per the packet instructions, until just tender. Drain and divide between 4 serving plates. Top with the Bolognese sauce and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if you fancy (1½ Syns per level tbsp).
Tip: You can freeze the sauce before you add the spaghetti.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.